So many people get overwhelmed when they think about their twitter stream and how in the world are they possibly going to read all of those tweets – relax! No need to be overwhelmed! You can use lists on twitter to effectively manage your twitter stream. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to twitter.com, login.
- Under the white “what’s happening” box, you’ll see 5 tabs, the 5th is “lists”
- Click on lists
- A drop down menu will appear with two options. Click on “create a list.”
- Give the list a name, “Industry Tweeple”
- Write a brief description, “these are people who are in my industry and tweet about it.” This description will remind you what the list is about.
- Decide whether the list will be “public” or “private” and click the appropriate radio button.
- Click the SAVE button.
- In the new screen that appears, you can enter the name of the twitter account you’d like to add to the list.
- You can also add people from your “followers” by clicking on followers.
- Next to each person you are following is a green button with a checkmark saying following, to the right of that is a square grey button, click it.
- Select the list you’d like to add that person to and you’re done!
- Repeat to add multiple lists.
Lists are a very handy way to manage your twitter stream. Once created, you can log into your twitter account and sort the stream by list. Enjoy!